Be'chol Lashon Leadership Survey
Shalom and welcome to Be'chol Lashon! Your input is crucial as we plan for the future. Please help us gain a better understanding of your community and your goals by answering the following questionnaire.
1. Name of contact/individual
2. Name of community/organization/project
3. Date of Birth
5. Current Contact Info
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
6. Phone Number
9. Where were you born?
10. What is your ancestry, nationality, race and/or ethnicity?
11. Please list all languages in which you are fluent.
12. What is the highest education degree or level of school you have completed? (If currently enrolled, highest degree received.)
13. How would you describe your religious affiliation?
14. How would you describe the religious affiliation of your immediate family?
15. Have you participated in any formal conversion to Judaism?
16. If so, with whom was the conversion performed?
17. Which, if any, religious affiliations did you hold prior to Judiasm?
18. Do you attend synagogue? If so which one(s)? And how often? And/or do you attend a different Jewish community center on a regular basis?
19. Are you affiliated with any Jewish organizations and/or denominations? If so, which ones?
20. Position in community/organization/project (Check all that apply)
Lay leader / Volunteer
21. If lay leader, what is your profession?
22. If organizational professional, what is your position?
23. If other, what is your role/title?
24. Personal background
25. What listservs and social networks do you belong to?
26. Description and/or mission of community/organization/project?
27. What are the activities of the community/organization or status of the project?
28. Community/organization/project background, history (year established, etc.)?
29. Please describe the current make-up of your community or target audience. ex. age, ethnicitiy, religious practice
30. Which of the following categories apply to the work you do? Check all that apply.
31. If other, please fill in below:
32. What is the estimated size of your community/audience?
33. What facilities or office space do you have? Do you rent or borrow these spaces?
34. How do you communicate with your community/audience and/or they communicate with each other?
35. If other, please fill in below:
36. What is the business structure of your organization/project? (For example, are you a 501c3 or have fiscal sponsorship?)
37. Please provide the name of your sponsoring organization.
38. What is your organizational structure? (check all that apply)
Local Lay Leader(s)
Board of Directors
Consulting Rabbi / Instructor
39. Who is primarily responsible for decision making?
40. Other leaders in key positions. Please feel free to include names and titles.
41. What are the strengths of your community/organization/project? What existing resources do you feel are most valuable?
42. What are the SHORT TERM goals (within a year) and what is the strategy to achieve them?
43. Who are your current partners? Do you work with any other organizations?
44. Ideal partners (organizations or individuals you believe would enrich your mission that you are not yet connected with to expand your professional network)?
45. What are the LONG TERM goals (5 years) and what is the strategy to achieve them?
46. What are the barriers to success?
47. What assistance would be most helpful?
48. Immediate next steps?
49. How do you envision Be'chol Lashon helping you or your community achieve your goals?
50. Topics you would like to discuss and learn about with other leaders. (check all that apply)
Program/Project Design and Prioritiziation
Lay Leadership and Volunteer Development
Financial Resource Development
Non-profit organization structure/ Management
How to strengthen group identity while being part of a unified people
Marketing/ Social Media/ Press
Knowledge of Jewish Communal Structure
Education for Youth
51. If other, please fill in below:
52. How did you hear about Be'chol Lashon?
53. Is there anything else you would like us to know?
Possible extra demographic questions
For possible use across all surveys
How do you and, if applicable, your spouse/partner identify?
Please estimate your total household income before taxes.
$20,000 - $30,000
$30,000 - $40,000
$40,000 - $50,000
$50,000 - $75,000
$75,000 - $100,000
$100,000 - $150,000
$150,000 or more
Prefer Not to Answer
Which of the following best describes your position on most political issues?
Very liberal (left-wing, progressive, etc.)
Moderate/Middle of the road
Very Conservative (right-wing, etc.)
Do Not Fill This Out